A beautiful first edition set of Voltaire’s works under the title of “Collection Complette Des Oeuvres de Mr de Voltaire Premiere Editions”. Author of the novella ‘Candide,’ Voltaire is considered one of France’s greatest Enlightenment writers of the 18th century.
This gorgeous fine full-leather binding set dated 1756 / 1757 contains 17 volumes on these topics:
- 7 VOLUMES OF ESSAY SUR L’HISTOIRE GENERALE LES MOEURS ET L’ESPRIT DES NATIONS
- 4 VOLUMES OF OUVRAGES DRAMATIQUES
- 1 VOLUME OF HISTOIRE DE CHARLES XII
- 1 VOLUME OF LA HENRIADE AVEC LES PIECES RELATIVES A CE POEME (WITH FRONTISPIECE)
- 4 VOLUMES OF MELANGE DE PHILOSOPHIE, DE LITTERATURE, SUITES DES MELANGES DE LITTERATURE AND MELANGE DE POESIES
The Timet Pudorem (Downe Coat of Arms) appears on each pastedown. A very nice, rare set with a 1999 Sotheby’s Auction ticket inside one of the volumes in the sum of £483.